Metro Remix

This project asked me to explore ways of documenting, recording and visually communicating a narrative sequence.
The brief asked to choose two headlines from the metro newspaper. One to start the sequence and the second to finish. I was to link these two headlines through a series of 20 images.
I choose my headlines before I began thinking of ideas.
I chose 'The Chin Chin laboratorists dishing out excellent ice cream' as my beginning headline and 'Woman who dumped kitten in bin to be quizzed' as my ending.




I began by looking at the main theme of the first headline. Ice Cream. I explored the methods of sale, I concentrated on a truck, exploring the ice cream truck further. 
I looked at music/sounds linked to ice cream and the ice cream truck. This would add to the feel of my final film.



After conducting further research I found the right story line for my final piece.

Many people love ice cream. But unfortunately ice cream is not the healthiest of foods and can cause weight gain.
Looking at my end headline I wondered why someone would want to dump a kitten in a bin. After attempting to link my headlines I found a humorous ending. 

My movie would show a woman enjoying an ice cream outside. 
The woman gets a bit carried away and ends up eating numerous ice creams at once. 
This leads to her gaining rather a lot of weight. 
The woman is eating uncontrollably. 
She eats all the ice cream she has so begins to look for alternative food to fill her craving. 
A kitten wonders by, after hesitating the woman attempts to eat the kitten. 
Not being as delicious as the previous ice creams the woman had devoured she dumps the kitten in the nearby bin.


I believe my film answers the brief well and shows a humorous side to news.
I have posted the final film below.

No comments:

Post a Comment